Meet Schedule 2018-2019
We strive to hold this schedule but sometimes schedules are subject to change.
SC = Short Course-25 meter pool LC = Long Course-50 meter pool
Swim Meets General - Please click to read
We encourage all of our swimmers to come to as many meets as possible but to attend at least 1 or 2 meets in a season. It is a great experience for all swimmers and it will let them know how they are progressing with their training. Meets are a great way to get to know your teammates and show support to other swimmers. There are an average of one swim meet per month, scheduled onSaturdays or Sundays and sometimes both. Short course (SC 25m length) competitions are held during first half of season while long course (LC 50m lengths) meets are usually the last half after SC regionals.
Each swim meet is paid “a-la-carte” based on your child’s participation. All swim meet payments are expected immediately upon registration acceptance. Cheques are preferred but cash is accepted. Payment can be given to the Meet Manager at the pool and should be put in a clearly labeled envelope with the swimmers name and meet name.
Payment for meets is non-refundable after the stated cut-off date. If you have to cancel after this date, please email the Meet Manager, but you will not be refunded the fee. The team still has to pay the fee, even if you don’t show up.
Swim Meet Process - Please click to read
- A complete listing of swim meets that SCAT will be attending for each season is available on our website. This list is always subject to change.
- Several weeks prior to each meet, the meet manager will send out information pertaining to the event; including name, location, cost, sessions, events, cut-off date and a copy of the meet package.
- Sheets with meet information will be printed and available for handout at practices. The goal is to raise interest in attending swim meets in order to justify the cost of our team attending. Swimmers can direct questions pertaining to each meet to any of our coaches.
- A copy of the meet package will be posted on the SCAT information board at HG Brewster.
- Entries will be submitted to the meet manager using Swim Meet Event Form and the process below.
- Meet manager will submit all entries to the host team for review. Upon approval, meet manager will email entry and fee reports to SCAT parents.
- Meet manager will collect payments as above for the fees owing on the fee report.
- After meet completion and once the results have been posted on Swimming Canada, links to these results will be posted on our website as well.
- Coach may send a follow-up email to review and summarize the event.
Swim Meet Event Form:
Click Here to view or download form. This is to be used for all meet entries.
- This form is to be used for all meet entries and filled out for each swimmer attending. Emailed entries without form will not be accepted.
- Form is available on website or SCAT information board at HG Brewster Pool.
- Select dates and events available for that meet. Circle, AM or PM for the session that applies.
- If you are unsure which events your child could compete in, either mark “undecided” on form or speak to coach or meet manager for assistance.
- Complete remainder of form and sign.
- Hand in forms to coach or meet manager. We will advise if there are any issues with your choices.
Swim Meets Rules - Please click to read
Swim Meet Rules
- Adhere to SCAT Code of Conduct and Ethics Agreement.
- All posted rules are to be followed at all times.
- Arrive on time and ready to begin your warm up.
- All injuries MUST be brought to the coach’s attention immediately.
- Follow coach’s guidance to ensure all swimmers arrive at their events on time.
- Swimmers should remain on deck to ensure they do not miss an event.
2018/19 meet listing will be announced closer to start of season.
Regionals & Provincials
|Month||Date||Meet||Meet Type||Location||Meet Info Package||Status|
|(Click for Info)||(Click for Map)||(Download)|
|Jan-Feb 2019||Jan 31-Feb 3 (Fri-Sun)||2019 Western Region SC Championships (London Aquatic Club)||SC (WOSA SC-Qualifiers Only)||Canada Games Aquatic Centre (London)|
|Feb 2019||16-17 (Sat-Sun)||2019 Ontario Winter Festival Championships (Mississauga Aquatic Club)||SC (Provincial Festival-Qualifiers Only)||Etobicoke Olympium (Etobicoke)|
|Feb-Mar 2019||Feb 28-Mar 3 (Thurs-Sun)||2019 Ontario Spring Provincial Championships (Etobicoke Swim Club)||SC (Provincial Championships-Qualifiers Only)||Etobicoke Olympium (Etobicoke)|
|May-Jun 2019||May 30-Jun 2 (Thurs-Sun)||2019 Western Region LC Championships (Windsor Aquatic Club)||LC (WOSA LC-Qualifiers Only)||Windsor Aquatic Centre (Windsor)|
|June 2019||14-16 (Sat-Sun)||2019 Ontario Summer Festival Championships (Markham Aquatic Club)||LC (Provincial Festival-Qualifiers Only)||Markham Pan-Am Centre (Markham)|
|27-30 (Thurs-Sun)||2019 Ontario Summer Provincial Championships (Whitby Dolphins Swim Club)||LC (Provincial Championships-Qualifiers Only)||Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre (Toronto)|
Meet Schedule 2017-2018
2017/18 Swim Meets - Please click to view
Regionals & Provincials
Meet Schedule 2016-2017
2016/17 Swim Meets - Please click to view
Regionals & Provincials
Meet Schedule 2015-2016
2015/16 Swim Meets - Please click to view
|November 2015||22nd (Sun)||Fall Skills and Thrills (GMAC)||SC||Guelph University||complete|
|December 2015||12th (Sat)||Winter Novice Invitational (GHAC)||SC||Centennial Burlington||complete|
|January 2016||10th (Sun)||Brock SC Invitational (BROCK)||SC||Brock University||complete|
|23rd (Sat)||January Novice Invitational (GHAC)||SC||Centennial Burlington||complete|
|February 2016||6-7th (Sat-Sun)||February Invitational (GHAC)||SC||McMaster University||complete|
|21st (Sun)||Winter Skills and Thrills (GMAC)||SC||Guelph University||complete|
|26-28th (Fri-Sun)||Western Region SC Championships||SC||Brantford||complete|
|April 2016||2nd (Sat)||April Novice Invitational (GHAC)||SC||Centennial Burlington||complete|
|9-10th (Sat-Sun)||April Invitational (GHAC)||LC||McMaster University||complete|
|24th (Sun)||Spring Skills and Thrills (GMAC)||SC||Guelph University||complete|
|May 2016||14-15th (Sat-Sun)||Jack McCormick (HAC)||LC||McMaster University||complete|
|28-29th (Sat-Sun)||Stratten and Bond Invitational (GHAC)||LC||McMaster University||complete|
|June 2016||3-5th (Fri-Sun)||Western Region LC Regional Championships||LC||Windsor||complete|
Regionals & Provincials
|February 2016||26-28th (Fri-Sun)||Western Region Championships||SC||Brantford||complete|
|June 2016||3-5th (Fri-Sun)||WOSA Regionals||LC||Windsor||complete|
Meet Schedule 2014-2015
2014/15 Swim Meets - Please click to view
|November||GHAC Comp||Sat November 15th||McMaster|
|GMAC Skills & Thrills||Sun Novermber 23rd||Guelph|
|December||GHAC Novice||Sun December 7th||Centennial Pool|
|January||Brock SC Invitational||January 11||Brock University|
|2015 GHAC Winter Invitational||January 24-25th||McMaster|
|GHAC Novice Invitational||Sat January 31st||Centennial Pool|
|February||The Hammer||Sat February 14th||McMaster|
|GMAC Skills & Thrills||Sun February 22nd||Guelph|
|April||GHAC Long Course||Sat/Sun April 11-12th||McMaster|
|GMAC Skills & Thrills||Sun April 26th||Guelph|
|May||GHAC Long Course||Sat/Sun May 23-24th||McMaster|
|GHAC Novice||Sat May 30th||Centennial Pool|
|Month||Meet||Date||Location / Course Type|
|February||WOSA SC Championships||February 6-8th, 2015||Windsor|
|June||WOSA 13 & Over LC Regionals||June 5-7th, 2015||London|
|WOSA 12 & Under LC Regionals||June 13-14th, 2015||Waterloo|